Annual Debut Fiction Prize
for novels, novellas and short story collections
We have overhauled our former novel prize to include all full-length fiction books. You can submit a novel or novella or short story collection.
- 1 year's free mentoring worth £1000 or (for those who have completed mentoring with us) 100 copies of the novel/collection + publishing contract.
- Open to those who have not had a novel or full-length short story collection previously published through a press. (Those who have self-published novels or collections may enter.)
- Adult and crossover novels only (no children's fiction).
- Judged by Adam Craig and Tracey Iceton.
- The fee is £12 per novel/story collection. Credit cards can be used on Paypal without an account, or pay by bank transfer in GBP.
- Submit only the first 10,000 words of the novel/novella or three short stories. Shortlisted entrants will be asked to send their full manuscript.
- Deadline: 31 July, 2018.
- International entrants welcome.
- Entries should be submitted electronically, via the form below, in .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .pdf file formats only.
- Please ensure you have up-to_date virus protection before sending any files.
- Do not put any identification on the work. The website will match entries to your email.
- Work will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- We are unable to give feedback on individual entries or on the results of the competition — the judge's decisions are final.
- Results (within 3 months approximately) will be sent individually to all winners and runners-up, published on the Cinnamon website, and included in our newsletter, so do sign up.
Past Debut Fiction Prize Results
Join our mailing list to keep up to date with all our new books, books launches, events, competitions, and our special offers. We never share our mailing list with anyone else.