Cinnamon Pencil Mentoring Competition
Our new-look mentoring service, Cinnamon Pencil is a brilliant way to focus on your writing and bring out your creative potential. To help launch the 2019 scheme, we're offering a chance to win a free place, together with two 50% bursaries to the best runners-up.
To enter, send us either:
- short stories (send a sample of 3); or
- full length fiction (send the first 10,000 words); or
- poetry (send 15 sample poems); or
- a mixed genre manuscript.
The entry fee is £10 and the closing date is 15 December.
We'll look forward to reading your submissions and good luck!
- One first prize of a free mentoring place plus two runners-up prizes of 50% bursaries to the 2019 Cinnamon Pencil Mentoring Service.
- Open to all writers, beginners and established.
- Judged by Jan Fortune, Michelle Angharad Pashley, Seth Fortune and Adam Craig.
- The fee is £10. Credit cards can be used on Paypal without an account or pay by bank transfer in GBP.
- Deadline: 15 December 2018.
- Submit either: 3 short stories; or the first 10,000 words of a full length piece of fiction; or 15 poems; or a mixed genre manuscript of prose and poetry.
- Submitted pieces should be drawn from a work in progress and not previously published.
- International entrants welcome.
- Entries should be submitted electronically, via the form below, as single documents in .doc, .docx or .rtf file formats only.
- Please ensure you have up-to-date virus protection before sending any files.
- Please include your name and contact details with your submission.
- Work will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- We are unable to give feedback on individual entries or on the results of the competition — the judge's decisions are final.
- Results (within 3 months approximately) will be sent individually to the winning writer and two runners-up, published on the Cinnamon website, and included in our newsletter, so do sign up.