Citizen of Nowhere Competition
This flash/short story competition is your chance to explore possible utopias and dystopias. Run in conjunction with Rowan Tree Editing, the Citizen of Nowhere Competition winners will appear in an anthology of stories on utopian themes to be published by Cinnamon Press.
What to send
- Entry fee: £12.
- Send either:
A: 1 short story of up to 4,000 words; or
B: 3 flash fictions, each up to 300 words long
- Include a short biography (50–100 words) with your entry.
- Send your story/flash fictions and biography in a single document.
- Files must be in either .rtf, .doc, .docx, or .pdf.
- Only electronic submissions via this website using the form below — no postal entries will be accepted.
- Stories/flash fictions must be original material, previously unpublished in any form.
- Entries judged and selected by: Rowan B. Fortune.
- We are unable to give feedback on individual entries or on the results of the competition — the judge's decision is final.
- Deadline: 31 July, 2018.
Results will be announced within 2 months of the closing date, via Rowan Tree Editing's website, etc, the Cinnamon website and Cinnamon's newsletters (make sure you sign up to receive these).
Any questions, do email Rowan.