Four Elements Competition
Elements is the latest in our series of rolling mini-competitions. We're focussing on the four classical elements:
We'll be publishing the best poem for each element as a special, limited edition broadside poster, carefully crafted and designed by the Cinnamon art department. The 4 winning entrants will receive 10 free copies of their broadside.
What We're Looking For
We're looking for highly taut, well-crafted poetry of no more than 20 lines.
How you interpret each element is entirely up to you. Draw on the ideas of Plato or Renaissance alchemists. Think in terms of personality types, or archetypes, or… Well, see where your imagination and instinct take you. Be inspired and inventive as you can be.
Submissions and Deadline
Submissions are open for each of the four elements. You may enter a poem about only one element, or send as many poems as you like about as many of the elements as you like.
Final deadline for the competition is 30 November, 2020.
- Single entries are £4 per entry.
- 4 entries: £10
Good luck and we're looking forward to reading your entries.
- All entries must be previously unpublished.
- Please include your name and a contact email with each submission.
- Entries must be sent online, using the form below. Include all of your submitted pieces in a single file, clearly indicating which element each piece is inspired by. All submitted work should be in .docx, .doc, or .rtf file formats.
- Payments can be made using PayPal from each individual competition page.
- Work will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- We regret we are unable to offer feedback on individual submissions.
- Results will be sent individually to all winners and runners up and published on the Cinnamon website within 6–8 weeks of the competition's closing date.
Any questions, please get in touch.