We are thrilled to launch this award again and to read the work that comes in. We are keen to see work across a range of forms and styles from writers anywhere in the world who are writing in English and producing work that is for adults (we don’t take children’s fiction or poetry) including novels, novellas short-stories, poetry collections and mixed genre works.
You can find previous adjudications @
Please read the guidelines carefully, particularly the need to send your files as PDFs.
- One publishing contract.
- Open to all fiction writers and poets — whether debut or established writers.
- The reading fee is £18. You can pay with a card via Stripe’s secure checkout.
- Deadline: 30 November, 2022.
- In addtion to filling in the form with your details, please submit two documents: one for your manuscript extract which should be the first 10,000 words of a novel or 2 stories or 15 poems of up to 50 lines; one that includes a synopsis and a bit about your writing.
- Individual poems or stories may have been published online or in magazines provided the writer retains copyright.
- International entrants welcome.
- Work co-authored by two two writers is welcome.
- We do not take work with illustrations.
- Entries should be submitted electronically, via the form below, in PDF format only.
- Please ensure you have up-to-date virus protection before sending any files.
- Do not put any identification on the work, only on your contact sheet. The website will match entries to your email.
- Work will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- We are unable to give feedback on individual entries or on the results of the competition — the judge’s decisions are final.
- Results (within 3 months approximately) will be sent individually to all winners and runners-up, published on the Cinnamon website, and included in our newsletter.