Cinnamon Literature Award
Open to all writers, both debut and established voices, and adjudicated by Jan Fortune, Adam Craig and Tracey Iceton, this is a great way to get your short story collection, poetry collection or novel seen.
Please read the guidelines carefully especially what to send and in what format (each document must be a PDF for us to be able to download and read it).
To enter, submit either:
- 10 poems, up to 50 lines each; or
- 2 short stories, up to 5,000 words each; or
- up to the first 10,000 words of your novel (to the nearest sensible cut off point).
Individual poems or stories may have been published online or in magazines, provided the writer retains copyright.
International entrants writing in English are welcome.
One entrant will have their book published by Cinnamon Press.
The reading fee is £18 and the closing date is 30 November, 2021.
We’ll look forward to reading your submissions and good luck!
- Open to all writers, beginners and established.
- Credit or debit cards can be used at checkout via Stripe’s secure platform or you can pay with PayPal either via your account with them or as a guest using your card on PayPal.
- Entries should be submitted electronically, via the form below, as single documents in PDF file format only.
- Please include 3 documents: the extract of your work (without your name on it); an author statement (tell us a little about your manuscript and about your writing aspirations), and a contact sheet with your name, address and email.
- Please ensure you have up-to-date virus protection before sending any files.
- Please include your name and contact details with your submission.
- Work will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- We are unable to give feedback on individual entries or on the results of the award — the judges’ decisions are final.
- Results (within 3 months approximately) will be sent individually to the shortlisted writers, published on the Cinnamon website, and included in our newsletter, so do sign up.