We are now open for submissions for the 2024 pamphlet award.
You can read the previous two adjudication here:
Please read the guidelines carefully, particularly the need to send your files as PDFs.
Please upload your documents using the submit button first and then finish by paying for your entry using the add to cart button. Thank you.
- 2 authors a publishing contract plus 30 copies.
- Open to all poets — beginners and established writers.
- The reading fee is £12 and is processed securely via Stripe.
- Deadline: 31 March, 2024.
- Submit two documents: one of 15–25 poems of up to 50 lines each and the other with your full contact details including name, address and email.
- Individual poems may have been published online or in magazines provided the writer retains copyright.
- International entrants welcome.
- Pamphlets co-authored by two poets are welcome.
- Please do not include illustrations or cover art. We only publish unillustrated poetry pamphlets and cover art is developed in-house.
- Entries should be submitted electronically, via the form below, in PDF format only.
- Please ensure you have up-to-date virus protection before sending any files.
- Do not put any identification on the work. The website will match entries to your email.
- Work will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- We are unable to give feedback on individual entries or on the results of the competition — the judge’s decisions are final.
- Results (within 3 months of deadline approximately) will be sent individually to all winners and runners-up, published on the Cinnamon website, and included in our newsletter.
Once you have submitted your documents using the button above, don’t forget to pay for your entry using the add to cart below. The cart software will send you a receipt which we match to your entry. Thank you.
(Please note that if your payment goes through you will get a payment reciept which means we do have your submission. If there are ever any glitches with your documents we will contact you, but we are no longer able to reply to individual requests for confirmation of receipt. Your payment receipt does the job 🙂 Thank you.)
Good luck with your entry and thank you for supporting the competition.