We are always delighted to launch this award and to read the work that comes in. Over the last few years the pamphlets have become a highlight of the publishing year and we have gorgeous new designs coming from Spring 2022 for these small jewels. We are eager to see work across a range of forms and styles from writers anywhere in the world who are writing in English.
Please read the guidelines carefully, particularly the need to send your files as PDFs.
- 2 authors a publishing contract plus 30 copies.
- Open to all poets — beginners and established writers.
- The reading fee is £12. You can pay with a card via Stripe’s secure checkout or use PayPal either with your account there or with a card as a guest if you don’t have a PayPal account.
- Deadline: 31 March, 2022.
- Submit two documents: ond of 15–25 poems of up to 50 lines each and the other with your full contact details including name, address and email.
- Individual poems may have been published online or in magazines provided the writer retains copyright.
- International entrants welcome.
- Pamphlets co-authored by two poets are welcome.
- Entries should be submitted electronically, via the form below, in PDF format only.
- Please ensure you have up-to-date virus protection before sending any files.
- Do not put any identification on the work. The website will match entries to your email.
- Work will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- We are unable to give feedback on individual entries or on the results of the competition — the judge’s decisions are final.
- Results (within 3 months approximately) will be sent individually to all winners and runners-up, published on the Cinnamon website, and included in our newsletter.